1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why bother profiling when you can just cast a large French net?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

JR....link please? Is it a fact that Canada is better?

I've been to Canada more than 99.9% of Americans, I absolutely love your Canada, but opinions aren't fact.

And I expect you to say Canada is better, you're Canadian...

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Larry, I should have had my irony font on. Pallister made a ridiculous comment so I countered with one of my own.

It's a stupid debate. Americans think they live in the best country in the world but so do Canadians, Finns, Swedes, Norwegians, Australians and maybe even the odd Frenchmen.

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Jr....I caught the irony....I just wanted to throw the "link please" line out there. And I agree that everyone thinks they live in the best country.......and they all should.

Even goofy Canadians. ;)

4. And the goalposts are dancing down the street.
    The discussion was about a country's a) living up to its stated public ideals, and b) right to tell other countries how to manage their affairs. After nearly six years of this bunch, the US government has forfeited its right to do the latter because it's abandoned any attempt to do the former.
    And the French were dead right about Iraq.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Ragu,
    As an American must point out the faults, mistakes or wrong actions of other people or nations because you're country is not prefect.
    And you must nod with approval as others points out the faults, mistakes and wrong actions of you people and country.
    You seem like a bright kid. You should get this by now.

Draft saved Draft deleted