1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why aren't the socalled Reverends Jackson and Sharpton attacking this?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Oh, sorry. Wrong list.
    Ted Haggard, Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker.
    And Gingrich got him some strange while saying that every speech he was going to make was going to talk about Bill Clinton's getting some strange.
    Oh, and your thread title got blown away in the fourth post of the day.
    I decline to replace "words with murder" because it's a dumbass exercise. Intent, as the law says, follows the bullet. I shoot a gun out my window and hit a tree, very little happens. I hit a passing nun, I go to jail for manslaughter. We're talking about a broadcasting professional who'd already been warned about this bullshit.
    Adios, foof.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Ted Haggard: Hang him.

Jimmy Swaggart: Whined to his congregation, organized another, didn't give up any of his estate:

Bakker: Paid a price.

You: Huge pile of Bullshit.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yawn, you focus so much on rap, but why can't we unite against the Britney Spearses, Jessica Simpsons, Lindsay Lohans and Paris Hiltons of the world? After all, they're showing our young women how to abuse alcohol and illegal substances, go in and out of rehabs, learn eating disorders, be promiscuous and basically add nothing to society?

Where's that crusade?

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

They are injuring themselves.

Rappers are influencing thousands, if not millions.

With. Their. Words.

Deny that, hypocrites. You can't have it both ways. Words mean something only when convenient? Your comments incriminate you.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Amen.

Though I do wish Sharpton and Jackson would spend a little more time on local issues, instead of jetting to the latest crisis de jour.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Hey, I've been on Whitlock's side the whole time with the out-of-control Gangsta Rap stuff. I agree it would be best if it got reigned-in a bit by those making the albums. Enough 'ho's,' bitches and pimps for now.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

The Rutgers girls accepted Imus' apology.

A classy thing on there part would be to say he shouldn't lose his job.

But then that would leave Al and his buddy Jesse screaming. I'm shocked they didn't ask for access to the apology meeting.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

BTW, Sharpton and Jackson add little positive to society.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

10. BTW, Sharpton and Jackson add little positive to society.
    [/quote]

That sounds a little racist, no?

11. Gee, Yawn's defining classy behavior.
    Foofhood just hit a new high.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about becoming an Ordained Minister just like Rev Al and Rev Jesse, then I can talk shit about people, accuse them of every sort of perversity and not think about the consequnces. I will provide myself with absolution just before the end.

http://www.themonastery.org/?destination=ordination

Draft saved Draft deleted