1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why am I about to buy my wife a Mother's Day gift and card.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oggiedoggie, May 6, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Make a youtube video for her.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I don't know if you lose your man card, but it'll probably get you laid, least if I was your wife it would :D

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How many e-Mothers Day cards is SportsChick going to receive from Stan courtesy of the SportsJournalists.com men now? :D

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

She also gets Valentine's Day cards and birthday cards from the cat. Then again, she gives me those cards and Father's Day cards from the cat as well.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

We all know that getting laid trumps any man card bullshit.

Well, all of us except Mikey, that is. :D

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I think for Mother's Day I'm going to fuck someone and give them the gift of motherhood.

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

My wife is expecting our first, and I want to get her something for this holiday ... any suggestions? I'm thinking a small piece of jewelry and a nice note from the unborn.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hank Scorpio's usual blatherings aside, the "man card" thing was a riff on another poster, so I'll change it to: if you buy your wife a Mother's Day card and you have no children, you might want to have your Oedipus Complex surgically removed.

9. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

It was a fucking joke.

::)

Sheesh.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I know. You know.

Right above some peoples' heads.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I tried to say it at the beginning of the thread and SC was pretty clear about it. But I'll repeat it:

Buy a card, you will get laid. Don't buy a card, you are not getting laid. Take your pick, guys.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

That may work in the early years of marriage, but those "get laid" cards have an expiration date.

Draft saved Draft deleted