1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whose life do you want?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mike311gd, Sep 8, 2008.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Neil Armstrong.. money comes and goes, but once you're the first man on the moon, well, you're always the first man on the moon (and if I was Neil, I wouldn't be stark raving mad!)

2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

You'd probably want to leave out the period during which he had cancer, though, right?

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'll take Hunter Smith FTW.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Whose life?

Mine.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Radinsky's cool, but damn, I hadn't thought of him in a freakin' decade. Punk rock and baseball are two of the United States' finest contributions to world culture. Good on Scott for excelling at both.

I like my life just fine, although I could use more money. The Lord has blessed me well- I live in Texas, even if it's a shitty part of Texas. I have a cool job. I've got ten fingers, ten toes and a rockin' little coffee press that I use at work. Ice cream titties later tonight. Really, I'm ok with my life, but the money thing is awful. Poverty keeps me from doing things like traveling, taking better care of my body and other important stuff. So I'll take the rich guy's bank account and integrate that into my existing life.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Zach Morris.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

No, I actually wouldn't. He beat it, and he's healthy. What a great perspective that would give a person. It's no wonder he's so driven.

I've had a couple things happen in my life that I'll never be able to forget, and I'm actually glad they happened. They helped build the person I am.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I know a Zach Morris. You don't want to be him.

But everyone should want to be Zack Morris.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I feel much the same way about my own cancer diagnosis.

10. ink-stained wretch

ink-stained wretch Active Member

Mine is just fine, though if I were to pick a figure it would be Col. William Covill. A high price was paid, but history was changed and a nation saved.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Not if I'm inhabiting her life, she's not. ;)

12. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Until a couple days ago, Matt Cassel had it pretty sweet. Career backup for Palmer, Leinart and Brady. Now he has to work :(

As for me, someone who is young and rich, and I would just retire young. Probably someone like Tom Brady; good looks, bags gorgeous women, and has a decent excuse to never play football again!

Draft saved Draft deleted