1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's your favorite obscure band, musical artist?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wedgewood, Feb 1, 2007.

1. wedgewood

wedgewood Member

Friend of mine, years back, turned me on to the Muscular Christians, a goofy folk band from NYU. I think their lead singer played linebacker for the Purple and White, whoever the hell they are. (Actually a line from 'I'm Not Gay'). Their first album, Dan Marino: Important Message is good stuff. If you have a good sense of humor, Richard's Brown Baby Boy will crack you up. Always looking for new bands off the radar. Know of any?

2. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/26288/

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Sort of, but there's a lot of discussion there about non-obscure: Springsteen, Neil Young, Rod Stewart.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Night Ranger.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Lennon. She's not new, but she combines all of my musical instincts. She's a weird mix of angry Alanis, introspective Tori (even plays the piano) and Ozzy Osbourne.

I absolutely adore her.

6. Dude, Night Ranger's not obscure. DiNunzio's little brother was wearing one of their T-shirts in Caddyshack.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

They're obscure now!!!!

And Caddyshack came out before Night Ranger's debut album. [/lighting myself on fire]

8. How the fuck did he get the T-shirt then? That's perplexing,

9. Franklin

Franklin Member

i'm actually watching caddyshack as we speak. it says "night riders."

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Before I answer...By obscure do mean independent artists who put out their own albums on their own labels or lesser known artists on smaller labels? Or both?

11. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Casey Black

12. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Screaming Blue Messiahs. Can't get my favorite album of theirs on CD still.

YHS, etc

Draft saved Draft deleted