1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

who's the most overrated team after 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by XXXX, Sep 19, 2006.

1. XXXX

XXXX Member

my vote goes to the patriots being that they have played the bills and jets, two teams that are not that good and they have struggled against both teams. combine that with the fact they have nobody to catch tom terrific's passes. also the defense is living on reputation, they have lost too many players and they're old.
    the falcons and vikings also are bound for collapses simply due to they have quarterbacks on their teams named michael vick and brad johnson.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Oh, bad call on the Falcons. You don't pile up 550 yards rushing in two weeks without being legit. They'll do the same this week, putting them at 3-0 all against NFC South opponents.

Good call on the Pats, although I get the feeling they'll do just enough to keep winning week by week. The defense does look old though.

Not to jack this into an overrated/underrated thread, but god Jacksonville looked so good last night. Anyone who doesn't think they're legit now really needs their head examined.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I need my head examined. I'm not convinced they're that good.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Saints aren't that good. ;)

Bears and Pats are the real deal.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Agree on the Bears ... Disagree on the Pats.

Brady is going to be hurting sooner or later for receiving targets ... not going to be able to hit the TEs all the time.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

My Dolphins are no Super Bowl team, that's for damn fucking sure.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Bengals have looked good, but I fear what Pollack's broken neck may mean for the defense.

Last year, without Madieu Williams, the defense was very vulnerable. Odell Thurman does come back in two weeks and maybe he can pick up the slack (as long as he's out of Marvin's dog house).

This week's game in Pittsburgh should be an outright war.

Not sure anyone is overrated right now, but if I'm a Vikes fan I'd be concerned despite the 2-0 start.

7. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

1. Chargers - They haven't played anyone yet.

2. Saints

Da Bears are for real. So are the Jags.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The Redskins -- supposed SB contenders -- have looked horrible so far.

I think the Raiders are overrated, too. Seriously. They're not just bad; they're pre-Marvin Lewis Bengals/1976 Bucs bad.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Granted San Diego has played only Oakland and Tennessee, but they were as dominant in those games as anybody else in the league. On both sides of the ball.

And the way Denver and KC have played suggest that the San Diego Chargers could clinch the AFC West by Week 11.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Let's see:

Chicago has beaten Green Bay and Detroit, two utterly worthless teams. They might be good, but who have they played to show that they are "real."

Seattle has defeated Detroit (barely) and Arizona.

At this point, just about any team is overrated. Indianapolis is the only one giving out legit beatings.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Really? Yeah, I guess Houston is a legit 0-2 team.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

True, but they did soundly beat those utterly worthless teams ... which is what teams that are "real" do. If Grossman stays healthy (a big "if"), this team is definitely for real.

Draft saved Draft deleted