1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's No. 1 tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DisembodiedOwlHead, Nov 25, 2007.

?

Who's No. 1 tomorrow?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2007.
  1. Missouri

22 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. West Virginia

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. Other

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

How much of that was a function of playing the No. 1/2 team in the nation? Because OSU looked pretty awful against Illinois here pretty recently.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You aren;'t going to the BCS title game if you don't win your conference or, at the very least, go to its title game.
    Sorry Kansas fan bois... that same logic should also keep Georgia from playing in a BCS bowl...

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I watched that game too. I think pretty highly of Illinois. They're a young team with lots of great talent. That means can mean some wins that are surprising, and some losses that are dumbfounding. I'd have Illinois in the Top-25. They're good, and learning how to win on a regular basis.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

South Carolina was ranked No. 6 at one point. They're now 6-6. I wouldn't be rushing to give anybody credit for beating them.

At this point, I'd have to say the BCS standings pretty accurately reflect what the top 25 should look like. At the very least, it's the best thing we've got.

And those standings say Kansas and OSU are equal in the sense that neither has won a game against a top-25 foe.

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

You apply that logic and you're going to end up with some dog-ass BCS games.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i also think highly of illinois. they are good.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Illinois could very well be next year's Missouri.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

At the same time, Kansas lost to a pretty good team, too.

There's going to be some shit flying if Mizzou or WVU lose next week.

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Next thought: Is it really down to Kansas/OSU if one of the top 2 lose? Any chance Georgia or VT's body of work could surpass KU/OSU? Granted, you'd be moving a two-loss team ahead of a one-loss team.

And how far does LSU fall?

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Hey, I've been arguing all along that Kansas didn't really beat anybody.

If I had my way, it would be 1. Missouri; 2. Ohio State; 3. West Virginia.

The one thing you said that was true, though, is I am a fanboy looser. Just got the team wrong.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Mizzou gets clocked next week, WVa kills Pitt, WVa plays Ohio State in BCS Championship game.

Kansas is done. A team that did not make its conference champoionship game, should never play in the BCS championship game

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

If the first sentence is true, then why should Missouri's win against them mean so much?

Draft saved Draft deleted