1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's No. 1 tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DisembodiedOwlHead, Nov 25, 2007.

?

Who's No. 1 tomorrow?

Poll closed Nov 26, 2007.
  1. Missouri

22 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. West Virginia

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. Other

4 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

The thing to take into consideration, RE: Kansas vs. West-by-God is strength of schedule.

And unless I'm mistaken, Kansas has beaten ZERO top-25 teams.

Of course, when the new polls come out, WVU might not have, either.

I might be willing to let SoS (considering only wins) be the determining factor.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think the rebuttal was given, but you missed or ignored it. They haven't beaten anybody. Kansas had to be undefeated to stay in the discussion at this point.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

your post is sad, because it's true.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Unless I'm mistaken, though, none of them are ranked now. The ranking of a team when you beat them doesn't really mean that much to me. Especially when those teams are now unranked.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"Oooo, I read The Economist."

And being happy about your team winning is a perfectly appropriate response. Are we not supposed to be human?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

WVU lost on the road (in one of three opponent's "biggest game in school history" this season) with its back-up QB playing half the game. KU lost on a neutral site with all of its studs on the field.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Kansas: 0 wins vs. current BCS top 25 teams. Loss came to team that will be either 1/2 in next week's BCS standings.
    OSU: 0 wins vs. current BCS top 25 teams. Loss came to team that will be in the No. 15 neighborhood next week.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Here's a rebuttal. I watched Kansas play tonight and they were woefully disappointing. The defense was hammered and the offense sputtered until it was too late. They shit the bed, hard, and should not retain their ranking for it.

In fact, as I said, not only would Hillbilly U beat them, so would Ohio State.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Voters have been waiting for a reason to drop Kansas; now they got it.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

At least it's the flag of Hawaii, not a map of Hawaii

12. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Thank you for beating me to the punch. And, by the way, I have Kansas ahead of Ohio State in my poll.

Draft saved Draft deleted