1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who's next for the Dolphins?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Given LeBatard's antics (BAM!) on PTI, I would hope not.

2. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Very good column by DLB, although I could have done without all the Ricky apologist stuff.

But he was spot on about Saban, and I'll say what I'm thinking at this moment. What he did was worse than what Herm did.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Gee, who?

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Matthew McConaughey

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

We are... Miami.

6. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Think they could possibly make a play for Petrino? Or does this sour them completely on the college ranks?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

How about Charlie Weis?

Oh yeah, I forgot, Weis has a "long-term contract" at Notre Dame, and absolutely is not interested in any NFL jobs. :D :D :D :D

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

There's always a chance. I'm not sure though if it's the best fit for him, but what do I know.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I know it's fun to throw the sexy names out there, but I think they are going to look for a hot assistant. Whisenhunt and Grimm from Pittsburgh are being bandied about for that job, but wouldn't Whisenhunt make a good HC in Miami as well? He has some good pieces there in Ronnie Brown, Marty Booker and Randy McMichael. Their talent, in addition to Saban, was the reason they were a sexy pick at the beginning of the season.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Great column by DLB...

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Huizenga was pushing for the NFL system in baseball, and got out when that wasn't going to happen.

I don't blame him for the Marlins 1998 debacle in the least.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I agree.

I'd like to know if, as DLB stated, Huizenga absolved Saban of a buyout or if, in fact, there was a free escape clause.

Draft saved Draft deleted