1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whoopi's the new View

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

It was just announced on the View that Whoopi Goldberg is the new host of the View.

This is an interesting choice. I am a fan of hers but I wonder how she will mesh with everyone.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: Whoppi's the new View

I've heard it takes two hands to handle a Whoppi

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You know, we've been on the set of the View.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

You just know the first time Whoopi expresses a liberal opinion on anything, Bitsy's gonna bawl.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Wow, a whole hour about menopause and strap ons, finally a reason to get TiVo

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Supposedly Sherri wanted what Whoopi is getting, $2 mil a year, and didn't get it. So she didn't get it. She's not worth Whoopi money. But frankly, I find Whoopi to be an obvious choice, too obvious. The show needs some new blood, perhaps someone who hasn't ridden in a limo in the last 10 years.

8. Cansportschick

The latest I heard is that they will be hiring a second host for the View. It was mentioned this morning on one of the Canadian news channels. So Sherri, Gayle, Roseanne, or whoever else may still be in the running.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No better place to put this, but if they ever make a movie based on Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels (please, dear God, make this happen), Sherri Shepherd simply MUST be Lula. Must be. No other choice.

10. Cansportschick

That is too funny. I never thought of her doing that. Would be a wise career move. :D

11. I can safely say that you could have posted this in Finnish and I would have understood it just as well.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Two years ago, I would have said yes.
    But she's becoming a caricature of herself. I used to find her funny as hell. Now I look for the remote.

Draft saved Draft deleted