1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who would win in a fight Phil Simms or Desmond Howard?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mustangj17, Feb 5, 2011.

1. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Yup. A nice middleweight bout but it's kinda an undercard bout. Need a better one at the top of the bill.

2. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

Did you miss the whole thing a couple years ago when he did a similar thing in regards to Chris getting criticized? The guy is an ass, plain and simple.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I seem to recall Simms publicly taking on a very low profile during Chris' career--thought I read something about him watching games at Texas in disguise--but hearing after the fact from CFB writers that he was a major pain in the ass to Mack Brown and staff. My impression for Matt was that he was decidedly more public, maybe b/c of the constant Simms/Applewhite shuffle at Texas. Dunno. But as Ben Hecht points out, one thing Chris Simms is is tough. Nearly died on the field of a busted spleen. Jay Cutler would never have to worry about that. :D :D :D

4. LevinTBlack

LevinTBlack Member

"You can say whatever you want about my son, but one thing that'll get me mad, and I'll stand in your face about it, is about toughness. Who the hell can be tougher than him, physically or what he endures?"

Phil Simms in 2005 regarding Steve Young saying he likes Chris Simms footwork and throw but worries about his mental toughness.

5. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I'd pay to see:

Big Ben vs. Michael Vick
    Goodell vs. James Harrison
    Tom Jackson vs. soused 1977 Broncos O-line
    Hochuli vs. Jerry "That Particular Official Gets a Lot of Criticism" Jones

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Simms is an idiot for taking a comment about his son so seriously. And I can't believe I am taking this thread seriously enough to give an opinion. But Desmond Howard is a little guy. About my size, maybe a bit more muscle heavy. He's giving away four or five inches to Simms and conservatively 20 to 30 pounds. I've seen each within the last year. If Simms can fight at all, I'll take him.

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

"1234, we've got disco war, folks!"

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Doug's article on Yahoo is right about one thing. Phil Simms is fucking terrible on TV. He gets a ton of shit wrong, I'm talking blatantly, factually wrong, for being a "top" analyst. And his analyzing is so vanilla I learn nothing.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If Simms would ever catch Desmond, there would be little pieces of Howard strewn about.

IF he caught him. Simmsy is not exactly fleet of foot.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan v. Bill Belichick
    Curt Menafee v. James Brown
    Jerry Glanville v. Bum Phillips

12. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I suspect Rex Ryan will taste defeat that night. But he'll beat Belichick.

Draft saved Draft deleted