1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will Start More NFL Games This Season?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Sep 8, 2011.

?

Who will start more NFL games this season?

1. Peyton Manning

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Tim Tebow

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Neither starts a game

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Mini Ditka

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They were saying on ESPN last night that the Colts could be a 3-win team without Manning. I think Collins is a better player than that, but if he doesn't know the offense, he could be screwed.

That would be insane if Luck wound up in Indy or if Irsay had to choose whether to stick with Manning or draft the best quarterback to enter the draft since Manning.

2. To pay for Luck the Colts might have to cut Manning and his (I think) $23 million cap number next year.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I just don't see Collins playing over half the games.

4. Mizzougrad96

Luck will get a similar deal to what Cam Newton got this year. He'll be relatively inexpensive by QB standards.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I think Manning's career is over. Polian better figure out something fast.

6. Mizzougrad96

I don't know if this is true. I hope it's not. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

7. I think Brady Quinn would be a very good fit with that offense in Indianapolis. Plus he'd be considered a local guy.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You're onto something, but would Manning acknowledge that Manning's career is over, say, before the draft? He could drag it out for a long time, in which case Polian would have to make what many would consider a dick move.

The other thing is, Luck isn't the only franchise QB in this draft. Barkley ranks high on scouts' radar too. So the Colts (and everyone else) might have two chances to pick their QB of the future.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Exactly. I don't think he's as willing to embarrass himself.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Schefter reports Manning has a $28 million option bonus due at the start of free agency in 2012. That's going to make Polian's decision quite a bit easier, I imagine.

11. Mizzougrad96

Wow... I say no way do they cut him that quickly, but stranger things have happened. It might be more likely that they re-negotiate the deal.

12. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Vinny Testaverde

Draft saved Draft deleted