1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will have the worst record in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 26, 2007.

?

Man, watching Herm and Hard Knocks is bamboo-under-the-fingernails painful....

1. Kansas City Chiefs

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. Oakland Raiders

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  3. Atlanta Falcons

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Carolina Panthers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Cleveland Browns

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  6. Washington Redskins

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. Arizona Cardinals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. healingman

healingman Guest

I'm going with Wicked.

I just don't see Falcons being, well, much of anything now that Ron Mexico has found a new team to join. God ... and what about those pesky Deeee-troit Lions? I swear, if that teams shows up on Thanksgiving Day with a 2-and-whatever record, then those fans all should be given free Turkeys courtesy of William Clay Ford and his man, Matt Millen.

Yeah, yeah ... it's Millen Time (old line but they never go away ... just come around the backdoor for more fun).

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I think the Raiders are going to be surprisingly not awful (but not good) this year. I think Culpepper is going to look pretty good. I didn't vote, but if I had to pick a team, I'd say Atlanta. Joey Harrington in a throwing offense that relies on the QB's decision-making capacity, surrounded by a bunch of receivers that drop a lot of passes, sounds positively painful to me.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Hard Knocks: The Story of the 2007 Kansas City Chiefs

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

This poll is worthless without the Lions

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's got to be the Browns. I don't think Quinn will be as good as he's hyped to be -- and what else do they have? An injury-prone tight end and a pretty decent receiver? Oh, I forgot about Jamal Lewis. Yeah, the Browns.

6. I hope you guys are right about the Giants sucking, but I don't see it. That team thrives when they're at each others' throats. They'll get at least six or seven wins - even with the Kevin Gilbride, the worst offensive coordinator in the world.

Jamal Lewis might buy the Browns a couple of wins; and the Chiefs still have a decent offensive line and Larry Johnson. They'll be better than the Raiders. Give both those teams three or four wins.

I really see the Falcons having the worst season. Harrington calling his own plays at the line? Lordy. Add to that a rookie college coach and stone-handed receivers - and a defense that's not dominant. I think they'll be lucky to get three wins. The best thing they have going for them is the division they're in.

In the end, it's really a toss-up. There are going to be a lot of crappy teams this year stealing wins from one another. I wouldn't be surprised if you have three, maybe four teams, with three wins.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I can't believe it took until page 2 for anyone to even mention the Lions.

8. ScottyDan

ScottyDan Member

Starman:

Yeah, you're probably right ... a 4-win season from the Lions is probably optimistic.

You know, I've never been a huge football guy, but I certainly tune in on most Sundays. I don't know about this year though ... whatever enjoyment I use to get out of the game has been seared from my soul by the freakin Lions. I mean, pick any schmo fantasy football player, and they probably would have done a better job of drafting than Millen. What kind of dumb-ass picks a quarterback in the second round with absolutely no intention of playing him when there are so many other holes on the roster? Could the linebacker from Penn State have helped this year, Matt? How about a DB? Take your project QB in the 5th or 6th round .... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Tampa Bay could easily start 0-5 and will be a shitty team, shitty enough to get Gruden canned.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I think the Falcons might do okay (okay as in not the Lions/Raiders/Browns, not okay as in playoff contender). Crumpler is a first-divsion tight end, Dunn can at least catch passes out of the backfield and getting Joe Horn gives them an upgrade in receivers (I don't think I'd take the Horn/Jenkins duo over many others, but I would over last year's ATL WRs). Petrino is an upgrade over Jim "man, I'd quit right now if I could coach a 4-7 Pac-10 team!" Mora Jr. And Harrington, while not a long-term solution in any universe, can at least complete passes and won't try to revolutionize the game via Joeyball. Plus I'm guessing team unity with Vick (even before the dog fighting), Mora and Patrick Kearney in the rearview will improve.

Not good enough to make the playoffs, maybe not good enough to avoid the NFC South cellar, but I can think of worse teams.

11. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

As much as it hurts me to say it...the Lions should be on this poll.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Same here, I think. I used to be in 5-6 fantasy leagues (some fun, some money) and now I do maybe two leagues (sometimes only one).

It's almost like being a Lions fan has taken the passion out of the sport.

And scotty, not only could Millen have taken someone else in the second round. He likely would have been able to get his boy Stanton in the fourth or fifth.

Draft saved Draft deleted