1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will have the worst record in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Aug 26, 2007.

?

Man, watching Herm and Hard Knocks is bamboo-under-the-fingernails painful....

1. Kansas City Chiefs

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. Oakland Raiders

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  3. Atlanta Falcons

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Carolina Panthers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Cleveland Browns

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  6. Washington Redskins

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. Arizona Cardinals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Glenn Foley WILL walk through those doors in East Rutherford. I can feel it now. And he'll lead the Gints to something other than the toilet bowl.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

If the Falcons finish with the worst record, then all the Vick apologists will prattle on and on about how valuable he was. Ugh. I DO NOT wanna hear that crap.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Three words: FREE MIKE VICK. He can be the Mumia Abu-Jamal of the NFL.

Cleveland is going to be pretty fucking awful again this year, and even if they're not the worst team in the league, their division means they'll have the worst record.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Total gut feeling on them.

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I really want to believe the Browns won't have the worst record. I want to belive Quinn shining against everyone's third string will translate into success against first teams (Charlie Fry is not the answer, unless the question is 'Who's a good MAC QB who isn't starter material in the NFL?'.)
    Their line should be good (Joe Thomas!!) and apparently Jamal Lewis worked off all that fatty prison food and has looked good (haven't seen a game). Their defense should be OK.
    Those seem like the makings of a 5-6 win team.
    But the schedule is brutal. They're still the worst team in their division, so that's 6 likely losses, and NE, Miami, St. Louis, Seattle and San Fran will be tough games for them.
    Jets, Bills and Cardinals, who knows?
    Oakland and Houston are the only ones that seem like likely (though nothing's given if you're the Browns) W's.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Don't you mean Dave Brown? Or Kent Graham? ;)
    ----
    Seriously, I agree with many of the others (now that I have Pube's silly list out of my system). Eli not showing much leadership and little progress to date. No replacement for Tiki's skill set in the backfield. Plaxico's usual lax attitude. No Strahan on defense. Lame-duck coach that the players detest.

The formula is perfect. Almost too perfect ...

As much as I want to say the Falcons, I have my doubts. True, Vick's foot speed drove Carolina and New Orleans nuts (Tampa's defense used to contain him better than nuclear waste). But I think Atlanta has enough running game - yes, even without Vick - to put together enough wins to stay out of the running for the No. 1 pick in the '08 draft.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Chiefs have no QB... no WRs... an aging Gonzalez.... Severely depleted OL.... decent, young DL, mediocre/poor back seven. Awful-looking kicker....
    Wretched coach.

I pick them.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

But the Chiefs have a great coach!

9. Simon_Cowbell

BYH... I will bet me leaving the board for two months if the Giants have the worst record, against you leaving for a week if they don't.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The Patriots [/coltsfangirl]

Seriously, if it's not the Raiders it will terribly disappointing, but I can see the Falcons, Giants and Chiefs also sucking giant donkey balls this year.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Now there's a bet that's a win-win for the rest of us!

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hey, I'll be the first to tell you they're not picking up the new offense and that their secondary has been shaky at best.

But in a division with a shellshocked Atlanta and still-tepid Tampa Bay, there's plenty of mediocrity to break any potential fall by Carolina. In summary, you're still kidding yourself.

Draft saved Draft deleted