1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will buy the Cubs?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

The Brew Crew ain't got shit on the Lou Crew.

2. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

It's Sam Zell, not Steve, that's buying the Trib. No way Cubes buys the Cubs. If he does, he'll have the preservationists screaming because there's no way he'd let the shabby confines stay as is.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I heard John Henry is franchise-shopping again. Doesn't he swap teams every five years or so?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I don't care who buys them. Nothing will change. The Cubs will always lose.

I hate this fucking team. [/A_QB]

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I've said this before, but I don't care if the Cuban in question is Fidel Castro as long as he can get this sack of shit franchise to win a World Series.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's what I read, too. He would be a great owner for MLB, whichever team he buys. I only wish it could be the Bucs.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Does Cuban have the money to buy the Cubs? I realize he's a billionaire, but with already owning the Mavs and sinking so much money into them, does he have enough to spend $500+ million on the Cubs, plus whatever he'd have to spend to make them competitive?

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'd guess he'd have a few investors going in on it with him. There are going to be a lot of folks coming out of the woodwork looking to buy into this.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I believe the stoner fan base is rooting for Don Levin, owner of the AHL's Chicago Wolves, to follow through on his professed interest in the Cubs. Levin made his fortune, in part, through a company that sells rolling papers.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Rick Morrissey with a nice tweak of the Sun-Times in his Cubs ownership column:

The Sun-Times: I'm not sure how the paper will be able to carry on, now that it's [sic] reason for living--criticizing the Tribune--will soon be gone. Maybe it could put together a group of Canadian investors and buy the team.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice and subtle...

12. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Four words: Big Time Jew Lawyers.

Draft saved Draft deleted