1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will be watching ABC's remake of "V?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Oct 18, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I find it amusing that NBC has attempted to reboot several of their earlier series and failed and it looks like ABC stole one of their old series and apparently has made it work.

But looking at the pilot, I imagine NBC never would have shelled out the money for a show like this.

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yeah, NBC has to feel great right now. Languishing in fourth place, nearly everything they touch turning to shit, and the talk of the TV world is one of their old shows that in its original run drew them a 40 percent share. Now being showcased by another network.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Rebooting Knight Rider made some sense. The execution was just piss-poor.

I don't know if V is any more expensive to make than tne Battlestar Galactica remake was for the Sci-Fi Channel, an NBC property. Which in a sense makes it even worse for NBC if V does well.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

If they're remaking things from the 80s, how about an update of The Day After. I'd like to be scarred for another 15 years again.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Mizzou would be a big fan of that remake.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I liked the remake of The Day After - it was called Jericho.

NBC's problem is that their programmers seemed to decide on which series to give a green light to by their ability to defend its failure than by just picking the best shows. They made two pilots a few years back about teams that race to diagnose a medical problem - they picked Medical Investigation, they passed on House MD.

7. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Holy shit! Just finished watching the original V mini-series, both of them. Then tried watching the original tv show.
    wow! what a fuckin dropoff.

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

i still don't understand why they gave up on jericho. thought it was a good show.

9. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I couldn't agree more. Though, the second season wasn't as good as the first, which was to be expected.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

"Hello, this is Lawrence ... is anybody there?"

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Speaking of V for Vendetta ... Happy Guy Fawkes Day!

Remember, remember, the fifth of November.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Watched both episodes yesterday.

Best network TV I've seen in quite some time.

Draft saved Draft deleted