1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will be watching ABC's remake of "V?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You know what was bad-ass about the original V? The introduction of the ships. City-sized, ginormous craft.

[​IMG]

I thought it was awesome. To this day, when I see a storm squall move over, I think of those V spacecraft, because it kind of resembles the way those ships moved into frame in the original mini-series.

Hopefully, they'll find a place for Marc "Beastmaster" Singer in the new version.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Is that Falcon in there?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I wonder if you and I are thinking of the same re-imagined series.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Shamelessly stolen for Independence Day, too.

And I agree. I loved the Singer character. How does Michael Ironside end up with regular work after that and Singer doesn't?

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'm looking forward to this. However, not looking forward to the ridiculous schedule for it.

ABC plans to air it for four weeks and then pull it until March.

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I'm all over this. I was a huge V fan as a kid. For a 12-year-old boy, Jane Badler/Diana gave me a tingly sensation I was really starting to appreciate.

I even went as far as modifying an old squirt gun so it looked like one of the Visitors' pistols so we could play V in the back yard.

7. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

What night does this air?

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Our theater manager was a lizard on the old TV show.
    I haven't asked him about the remake yet.

9. outofplace

At least they understood the need for beautiful women as the aliens.

Never heard of Morena Baccarin before (she's Anna in the trailer, apparently taking the place of Diana in the original), but she has a wonderful, exotic look.

Laura Vandervoort (the blonde in the trailer) has experience playing aliens. She played Clark Kent's Kryptonian cousin Kara for a couple of seasons on Smallville.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

She played a fancy prostitute on Firefly and became the subject of much nerd lusting.

11. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

She'd have to be pretty dang hot AND evil to fill Diana's boots.

12. outofplace

Ah, that's where I recognized her from. I saw the movie. Only saw bits and pieces of the show.

That does fit into the BSG formula, though I still think Tricia Helfer and Grace Park are hotter.

Draft saved Draft deleted