1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Will be the Next Coach at Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Nov 21, 2009.

1. mb

mb Active Member

I figured him for the shotgun.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Very good, mb

3. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Hey, I've got no dog in this fight. What I do have, is a pretty good insight on how things work under the (highly dysfunctional) dome. Heck, I hope they keep Coach McButterpants...high humor, in my little corner of the world.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Umm, Notre Dame is not just a football team, it's perhaps the most visible catholic university in the world, and the football coach is their most visible and highest paid employee. There's nothing wrong with them wanting him to share their values on an issue that catholics care as strongly about as abortion.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If I were making decision I would go after Chris Peterson.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Have only read this far. What values did Lou Holtz represent?

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He would have a smothering defense, and inject some real non-life into the offense.

8. Boom_70

Dr K suggests that it's time for ND to take Charlie Weis off life support.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Notre Dame would be interested in Gary Pinkel. Has a fun offense, and recruits the state of Texas damn well.

10. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

While I hate to break up a good abortion debate, the little bit I've heard is that they're actually pretty interested in Harbaugh. Eric Hansen, in the SB Trib, hinted a little at this, as well. Truth is, I really believe he still had a shot at saving his job, until a couple of hours ago. FWIW...

11. Boom_70

Would you take Harbaugh over Chris Peterson? Brian Kelly?

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The whole concept of Harbaugh of course may hinge on whether Michigan yanks the ripcord on Rodriguez.

Draft saved Draft deleted