1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who will be Super Bowl halftime act? Yes.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

That's a good band no one here appreciates - maybe the NFL could do an unknown bands spotlight Super Bowl when they've burned through even Rod Stewart from the 70s.

2. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

good list Mizzou, but please, please, throw out Billy Joel. Don't give anybody any ideas ...

And The Who is a great, I mean great, live band. Daltrey and Townshend may be in their mid-60s, but they are outstanding performers.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Eagles would ask for too much money. They had their window to get the Police or Van Halen when they were simultaneously on money-grabbing reunion tours (2007-08), and missed it.

The Who no longer exists. If half of the longtime members are dead, you don't get to pass off the remnants as the original. They are now "Who?"

4. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I understand, and to some degree share, the loathing some on this board have for McBuffett. But I could see him putting on a reasonably decent halftime show at the Super Bowl. Maybe a little more laid-back than some they've had, but he wouldn't embarrass himself.

5. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Two words: Jonas Brothers (OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!).

Followed by a nice helping of Miley Cyrus.

6. CHETtheJET

CHETtheJET Member

what in blazes is the Who going to play? My Generation?!?!? Their last CD was artistically good (2006?) but not a hit. Tommy stuff? Quad? Just wondering.

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

If The Who perform at this year's halftime show, count on me getting up to take a shit during their entire performance.

8. Suicide Squeezer

It won't be that bad if maybe they do something like have Dave Grohl on drums and Flea on bass, which I imagine they will if it is indeed the Who. Coupled with some Jack Black just for kicks.

Here's the 7 minute playlist:

1. My Generation
    2. I Can't Explain
    3. Won't Get Fooled Again
    4. Pinball Wizard
    5. You Better You Bet
    6. Who Are You
    7. Baba O'Riley

I don't think "Squeeze Box" is getting any love.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh man I hope Flea wears a sock on his dick.

10. Suicide Squeezer

If he doesn't, I'm sure Jeff Reed will volunteer, should the Steelers get there.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Would guarantee a bunch of parents keeping the TV on for the kids, that's for sure. I didn't mind the N'Sync/Britney Spears/Nelly/Mary J. Blige/Kid Rock/Aerosmith halftime show one bit.

Wondering when or how the NFL could ever get Pearl Jam to do halftime. My favorite two halftimes have been U2 and Prince. Pearl Jam would be right there if they ever did it.

12. Suicide Squeezer

I think it's healthier for the idea as a whole, as a business move, to just completely mix and merge genres to have everyone a little bit interested.

Get that Ashle Simpson loving bisexual guy from Fall Out Boy out there with Darius Rucker, Billy Joel and Lil Wayne. Throw in 15 seconds of Aretha Franklin gettin' down with some Rascal Flats, while Kenny Chesney and Kid Rock strut in from stage left and Beyonce and James Hetfield do a little jig while Gwen Stefani closes things out with James Taylor.

Draft saved Draft deleted