1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

who to start? fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by deportes, Oct 6, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Addai, even if Westbrook was healthy. He's getting more touches each game and will be facing a weaker defense.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm stuck in one of my leagues. My backup RB has a bye and I have Westbrook on that team. I need to do some quick trading, but somehow I don't think it will happen in that league.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Don't you have a backup kicker that you can drop to pick up a RB off waivers?

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

There aren't any RBs left on the waiver wire in a sixteen team league. I already looked into that. I offered a trade to someone who owes me, but I doubt it goes through. I think I'm just going to pray he plays or the other guys on my team pick up the slack. Maybe Chicago's defense will come up BIG this week.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Were you talking about me? :)

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oh, I might have been, but as I said, I don't expect it to happen. Even if it did, I don't think it would go through in time for the games Sunday because I don't think I have anyone playing late Sunday.

Edit: I got denied. Someone pray for Westbrook to be healthy and/or play on Sunday.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I have Westbrook in a league, but his maddening injury status isn't so bad beacause I also have LJ, Frank Gore (this week against the Raiders) and LaMont Jordan (remember him, spup?) coming off a big game and going against the 49ers on Sunday. Think I'll go withLJ and Jordan given Gore's recent fumbling trouble.

In another league, I have Portis, Kevin Jones, Gore and Laurence Maroney. Portis is a definite, and I'm leaning toward Maroney. But Jones seems to be on a roll.

OK, final league: Portis, again, is a definite, and I have Gore, James and Bush for the other two spots. I'll probably go James and Gore, but the Cards' O, especially their line, is pathetic, and Bush is due for a TD, right?

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'd go with Lamont Jordan, too, Pallister. :)

10. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

which two running backs? Tatum Bell, McGahee, Steven Jackson

11. deportes

deportes Member

mcgahee and jackson

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I don't think there are any big-time games from Moss with that QB.

Draft saved Draft deleted