1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

who to start? fantasy football

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by deportes, Oct 6, 2006.

1. deportes

deportes Member

i'm unbeaten in my money league, but i'm struggling with who to start this week.

along with being able to start two running backs and two wide receivers, i can go with another back or receiver.

rb — frank gore, willis mcgahee, fred taylor
    wr — roy williams, mushin muhammad, randy moss

i'm leaning toward this:

rb — frank gore, willis mcgahee, fred taylor
    wr — roy williams, mushin muhammad

but something tells me randy moss is going to have a big-time game against the niners, and willis mcgahee will struggle at chicago.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Moss has a pretty favorable matchup for once (vs. SF) and the Bills have been better against the pass than most think. The Indy-Jets matchup last week portends well for the Taylor/Jones-Drew tandem, seeing as Addai and Rhodes were both able to rack up points. I think you have to start McGahee regardless of the matchup with the Bears. I'd think long and hard about starting Moss over Muhammad, just this week.

My own quandary:

Flex position ... I can either go with Doug Gabriel against the Fish or Tatum Bell against the Ravens. My gut is telling me five times to stick with Gabriel this week because of the matchups. I have Tomlinson and he was only good for nine points against the Ravens, so how the hell is Bell going to do any better?

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I'd stay away from Muhammad. ... He seems to be the guy Grossman throws to for a first down, while the TEs/Berrian are the TD guys.

Cosmo, Gabriel is as much of an unknown as Muhammad. ... I'd stick with Bell, because it seems Tatum is the guy and Mike is in the doghouse. If they do get down there (I think they'll be fine), Bell will be the guy.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'd start Willis, if only b/c he's certain to get 20-plus touches.

One of my top RB (Dunn) has a bye. Should I plug in another RB (LenDale White) or opt for one of my backup WR (Troy Williamson, Javon Walker)?

EDIT: A new version of this thread pops up seemingly every week. Sticky, anyone?

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Tatum is the guy, sped, but I just don't see him having any better success against the Ravens than Tomlinson.

Gabriel has 12 catches for 122 yards and 2 TDs in the last two weeks and has more targets than the rest of the Pats receivers combined. I just like the matchup ... If Tatum goes off, I can certainly say you told me so. :)

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Trey ... Troy Williamson against Detroit? Start. Start. Start.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I forgot who the Vikes were playing...duh.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Grossman vs. Buffalo or Brady vs. Miami?

9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Moves I'm pondering: starting Leftwich over Brady.

Bench Hines Ward and Chris Chambers, start Muhsin Muhammad and Amani Toomer.

Thoughts?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Leftwich vs. Jets secondary = favorable.

I mean, JP Freaking Losman threw for 300 yards against the Jets.

Just sayin.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I disagree. There needs to be a new thread each week to avoid having one week run into the next in the same thread.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

A questionable Westbrook (game-time decision according to Yahoo fantasy) or Addai against Tennessee?

Draft saved Draft deleted