1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who takes care of the company car(s)?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by kingcreole, Sep 4, 2006.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I'm really getting sick of the way people I work with don't take care of the company cars. I had to leave at 8 a.m. Saturday for a four hour drive to cover a 1 p.m. football game. Took the car home on Friday. Noticed it didn't have gas, and had NEVER had an oil change. It's a nice compact car, around 12,000 miles. The gas didn't bother me, but the no oil change did. So I took the car to the local 10 Minute Oil Change joint, and it took them 30 minutes. I ended up showing up at the game 10 minutes before kickoff, but I did stop for a piss break and lunch.

The car's interior was caked with mud too. And it looked like someone spilled strawberry milk all over the dashboard, and that was fucking gross.

Do everyone a favor if you have a company car. Take care of it! If it needs an oil change, tell the ME or whoever is supposed to. Throw out your fucking trash! AND FILL UP THE TANK WHEN YOU'RE DONE!!.

10/4, over and out ...

2. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

This is why we don't have company cars anymore. They get so beat to hell.

One time the circulation department kept denying they were taking the newsroom car, even though there were rubber bands all over the car every time you got in it. Right after that, I stopped at a convenience store and this woman came up to me and said, "I'm ready to take another route for you." I told her I didn't work in the circulation department and she said, "That's funny, I saw (the circulation director) in this car this morning. I thought you worked for him."

After I told him the story, they suddenly quit using the car.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

What in the HELL are company cars? ???

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

No shit. My first job had company cars for reporters and photogs, but that was in the early 1990s. The maintenance guys took care of the cars, but they all ran like shit, because everyone treated 'em like trash. Generally now, the only people with access to company cars are circulation types.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Company cars or a sports guy who can copy edit, write, design, take phone calls and fetch my coffee? Tough choice, but we'll go with option No. 2

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

My second paper had one once... photographer treated it like his own private vehicle, bitched if someone else had to use it and complained when they got rid of it...

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Worked at a pizza deliver place during college that had company cars for deliver guys. Boy, was that a mistake. We wrecked about one a week.

Draft saved Draft deleted