1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who says girls can't play basketball?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Jan 20, 2007.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I believe her name is Ann Schatz.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

There's a reason she's doing C-USA women's hoops broadcasts. "Oh, dear!"

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I watch hundreds of college basketball games a year and I don't remember too many fights. In the NBA, yeah, but not in college. I can tell you from sitting courtside at many games that those guys get after it in the lane. Just because they aren't laying each other out in the backcourt doesn't mean there isn't a ton of pushing, shoving, elbowing, etc. going on.

4. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Ever seen highlights of Okie State practicing with freakin' football gear on?

5. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Ah, don't forget, Mystery: junior varsity teams/cheerleaders = hard-workers, varsity = pussies.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

*bathump*

7. Franklin

Franklin Member

i love how the announcer says "the refs didn't see it," and like three seconds later there's a slo-mo replay in which the ref moseys into the picture while staring right at the pick.

that's a foul--feet were set but she leaned into her. she could have remained still and still planted her, but i think she fouled her. but i give her credit for looking to stick someone.

Draft saved Draft deleted