1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who needs SI when you have Bleacher Report?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by WTFünke, Jan 8, 2013.

1. bpoindexter

bpoindexter Active Member

In addition to the biggest stories of the moment - 'Bama winning the B(C)S title, KG and Melo having to be separated - you can read about Gruden (Jon, not Jay) attending a pro wrestling show instead of watching the BCS game and Brent Musburger's comments about AJ McCarron's girlfriend, right now at b/r. Worth noting, the Musburger/McCarron's girlfriend story had 39,000 hits when I called it up just now. Didn't get to read the comments; my computer crashed.

2. Really? Because I don't think IJAG knows anything about Turner or what goes on there. ;)

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

The only quibble I have with this post is the word "becoming."

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

For 2 cents you can own the content and edit it as you see fit.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't any more!!!

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And not a moment too soon.

7. writingump

writingump Member

So CNN is basically telling the world that the inability to write a complete sentence (a Bleacher Report staple) doesn't matter. Sheesh.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Of course it matters. It's preferred.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Goddammit, I had the perfect screen shot set up for this and the command no longer works on my Apple.

10. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

So CNN and Turner Sports make a semi-serious move by hiring Rachel Nichols -- not to say she is Edward R. Murrow, but definitely a TV professional -- and then they add Bleacher Report? Of course, wasn't CNN the first outlet more than a decade ago to put Stephen A. Smith on the air?

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Jeff Zucker's approach appears to be, "Throw a buncha shit on the wall and see what sticks."

Gee that's never been tried before.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

They bought Bleacher Report well before they hired Rachel Nichols. These things are not related.

Draft saved Draft deleted