1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who needs a main course when there's all-you-can appetizers ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Morris816

Morris816 Member

This is true... and that's why TGIF's approach is just drawing a shrug of the shoulders from me.

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

That's why I say - "Do you wanna just go to TGIAppleLi's for dinner?"

3. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Potato skins are so good, they're frozen and shoved into containers inside your freezer section of the local grab and gob.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, they're tasty. I don't care if they're frozen or tossed across the room. :)

5. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

All I know is that when I get to heaven, and it does exist, cream cheese will be part of everything. It's what manna was in the Old Testament. Has to be.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Blasphemy.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have never eaten in a TGIFridays, Applebees or Ruby Tuesday. Closest I've come to that experience is Chili's, and that's as close as I'll ever get, too. Another reason why it's good to live in or near a big city.

8. What?
    I was being serious. I LOVE these things!
    Its No longer on the menu at ours. I have to get it from the secret menu.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And make no mistake . . . given the environment, the non-happy-hour Friday's cocktail prices are VICIOUS.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sometimes covering college basketball games the only places you could find nearby and still serving dinner after filing the story were Chilis or the like. I grew to despise Chilis because of that.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

You grew to despise Chili's because they were open for business to give you somewhere to eat, while other places had already closed? :D

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That and I found a piece of metal in my chicken tacos.

Draft saved Draft deleted