1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who knew? It's the tats, stupid!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 29, 2008.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Whitlock has a hard time finding anyone to defend him in these threads when he makes even a halfway reasonable argument -- this one, however, is something from "One Flew over the Cuckoo's nest...."

And really if you read between the lines it is just another one of his "prison culture and hip hop culture is killing black America" rants, with a different slant......

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If Whitlock was trying to be tongue-in-cheek (and I think he was) ... it fell horribly flat.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Now that you write that, I believe you are correct. Now that I read it thinking this way, it totally seems like a parody. I've always liked Whitlock's stuff, but when I read this I couldn't believe how stupid it was for someone to believe it. Now I believe that it is a parody.

But if so, why parody yourself? Whitlock has been on a crusade against the hip-hop culture and what he calls the Black KKK, etc. Then he goes and makes fun of his crusade? Doesn't make too much sense.

So if it is a parody, I totally missed it. So did most everyone else. Either we're not smart enough to figure it out, or the article isn't smart enough to make us get it.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Probably true, but that's not really new. Hasn't Whitlock basically made his career out of saying things that a white journalist could not? This one was just more ridiculous than the others.

5. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Watching Delonte West and Larry Hughes is disgusting for sure with all their ugly tats. Regardless, I will still watch NBA playoff games.

Draft saved Draft deleted