1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the most under-rated band ever?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PhilaYank36, May 1, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

To go with the over-rated threat, who doesn't get enough credit? I say Motorhead. If we don't have Lemmy and the boys, we don't have Metallica. And that makes PhilaYank sad.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Or HHH's intro music.

3. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHA

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Uncle Tupelo.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Tori Amos. She's incredibly popular in small niche circuit, but without her we don't have Sarah McLachlan, Fiona Apple, Norah Jones, Jewel, etc.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Def Leppard :D

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Agreed. Heard "Big Wheel" on the radio a couple times and now I'm curious to pick up the new CD.

And sportschick, I believe you have the wrong thread. The most overrated band thread is elsewhere.

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

The Kinks. In terms of quality of stuff and for how long they pulled it off, they're right behind the Stones. (They stuck around longer than the Beatles and started sucking a lot later than the Who.) Ray Davies is a great songwriter. Without the Kinks, you don't get Britpop and a lot of American indie bands.
    Mudhoney are also criminally underrated...they paved the way for Nirvana. The Jesus and Mary Chain also don't get enough credit.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

• Paul Anka - a singer-songwriter of the first rank from the age of 15. Why he's not in the Rock Hall is a mystery.
    • The Searchers - the second-best band to come out of Liverpool.
    • Paul Revere and the Raiders - behind the name and the costumes, these guys could really play.
    • Tommy James and the Shondells - hard to believe only a year passed between "Mony Mony" and "Crystal Blue Persuasion."

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

The Animals

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Mott The Hoople

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

"You're Having My Baby".
    Mystery solved.

Draft saved Draft deleted