1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is the biggest douche in sports?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Jan 5, 2007.

?

Who is the biggest douche in sports? (Active players and coaches...)

1. Nick Saban

22 vote(s)
    25.3%
  2. Barry Bonds

31 vote(s)
    35.6%
  3. Terrell Owens

26 vote(s)
    29.9%
  4. Bobby Knight

15 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. Jim Calhoun

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  6. Charlie Weis

13 vote(s)
    14.9%
  7. Isiah Thomas

11 vote(s)
    12.6%
  8. Other

10 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How come Donald Fehr and Scott Boras haven't been mentioned yet?

2. EStreetJoe - Until MLB owners grow a set and actually unite like the NHL owners did to break the union, what has Fehr done to be called a 'db'? Fehr represents his membership much better than Gene Upshaw or Billy Hunter because he's a man of principal and a foundation. I don't think Fehr cares if 25-50% of his membership never have a chance to win a World Series title so long as they have a great salary, benefits, and a pension.

3. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

coaches who are asses to deal with: saban, belichick, knight.

athletes who are asses to deal with: Bonds, easily No. 1; moss; owens; bonds; schilling; ivan rodriguez; joey porter, vince carter, antawn jamison.

media douches: just mariotti and albom.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Although Fehr has been great for the players' union. The labor strife and strikes his hard-line positions have caused have been bad for the game of baseball. Not to mention his stance for so many years against drug testing.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

more from the media:
    Lupica and Jim Rome

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I've only covered two of the names regularly on the current list -- Knight and Thomas. I guess this comes down to what douche standard one has.

Knight was a total and complete grandstanding dickflarb to the media who had some semblence of high integrity (in areas of his own choosing, anyway) away from his coverage.

Thomas was, for the most part, charming with the media when I covered him, but who had zero semblence of intergrity away from the media.

As much as I detest Thomas, I voted for Knight because the infuriating thing about Knight is that the semblence of integrity he displays off the court -- such as holding his student-athletes to a high standard -- is trumped by his utter inability to live up to that integrity himself when it comes to dealing with others. He picks spots with his integrity, so really, how much integrity does he really have?

Thomas has no integrity to start with, so when he shows his "good" side, anyone with a heightened sense of bullshit (as I like to think I do), realizes he's oilier than the oiliest oil slick on the old Spy Hunter arcade game.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Have you ever met Jim Rome? If you don't like his radio persona, that's fine... But, he's a great guy, nothing like his radio schtick, even though I enjoy his show as well...

Lupica, on the other hand, is a complete and total douche... So is Albom...

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

[​IMG]

The fact that there's a PS2 version is pure blasphemy.

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Amen to Lupica. Can't say about Albom, but I believe it. Rome's persona is just on-air schtick. He does a lot of motivational speaking (I know this doesn't necessarily make him a good guy, but he does try to reach out to the less fortunate in this and other ways) and has matured considerably since his Jim "Chrissy" Everett days. He used to be a dick, but he's a pretty decent guy these days. I mean, he's no Jim Lampley.

As far as T.O., he was the ONLY guy who tried to make a play on the ball at the end of the Cowboys' debacle last night. And he stayed longer to try and console Romo, too. T.O. has a ton of problems, as we all know, but he's not the monster he's often made out to be.

10. RokSki - I'll grant T.O. is a soft monster to us but internally, he has a monster with a time bomb just ticking to go off.

11. donnie23

donnie23 Member

Mike Jarvis. Friggin' Mike Jarvis, though I guess he (thankfully) can't be considered too active. Jackass.

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Wow, old Al Davis doesn't even get a mention?

Draft saved Draft deleted