1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is going to win the national championship?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 12, 2012.

?

Who is going to win the national championship?

1. Kansas State

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Oregon

14 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. Notre Dame

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Alabama

12 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Curious what people think.

I still have this nagging idea that, when the smoke clears, the Crimson Tide will be hoisting the crystal football again. I see Kansas State (Texas) and Notre Dame (USC) losing, followed by an Alabama-over-Oregon national championship game.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Notre Dame will beat Kansas State in the title game.

3. Dick Whitman

Stanford over Oregon then?

4. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

If anyone thinks Alabama can beat Oregon after watching Saturday's game, you've lost your ever-loving mind. But that's only my opinion. Oregon will win it, and it won't be close.

5. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Does it even matter? I can't think of a time when fewer people cared. Which, personally, I think is a good thing, Let's leave college sports to college students and focus on whether Eli Manning is deity or devil this week.

6. Dick Whitman

Saturday's audience was 136 percent higher than the Auburn-Georgia contest broadcast a year ago in the same time period.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_21978292/television-ratings-rolling-tide

ABC's broadcast of the #4 Notre Dame vs. Boston College game drew a 1.7 rating in the 18-49 year-old demographic, with 5.25 million viewers overall. Notre Dame won the game, which was the highest rating show of the night, 21-6.

http://www.examiner.com/article/abc-wins-sunday-ratings-with-notre-dame-boston-college-kansas-state-tcu-strong

7. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I think it will be the other way around

8. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Kind of frightening to think that young people are watching ND. I mean, why?

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Oregon over Kansas State.

58-20

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Then why are you posting?

11. printit

printit Member

Oregon

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

It's Notre Dame's year.

Oregon and Kansas State will lose along the way, leaving Notre Dame to battle the SEC winner.

I'm feeling the luck o' the Irish (very scientific, I know).

Draft saved Draft deleted