1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who is Andre Agassi's publicist?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Simon, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Simon

Simon Active Member

Agassi has been featured on ESPN programming for a week straight at least. On Around the Horn, on PTI, on SportsCenter and now an "interview" with Rick Reilly. Is this an ESPN book?

I want to hire this publicist to get me a job.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Are you using crystal meth and throwing matches?

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And that publicist got him on 60 Minutes. For two segments. That was overkill but a publisher's dream.

4. Is it? With all the revelations that have come out, any interest I had in buying the book is gone because he's given away everything already.

Wow, I sound like a newspaper reader.

5. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

Just another case of a parent gone crazy...please, people youth sports are for fun. Your 8-year old doesn't have to be a goal-scoring wizard or an ankle-breaking point guard. Just let them have fun and enjoy sports...please

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Katie Couric's exclusive must have been a real "get." So much so she had to go back out to Las Vegas when the crystal meth use was revealed and she didn't touch on it during her first visit.
    I get how these things work. You contract to write an explosive book. You promise 60 Minutes the first interview "exclusive." You leak details to a blog or other source to get people to watch 60 Minutes a few days before it airs. Then you work deals with ESPN (first sit down interview since some of the juicy tidbits were made public), SI (the excerpt), Larry King (first live primetime interview), Today or GMA (first morning show interview), Letterman, Leno or Conan (first late night interview) then you cap it off with a seat on Oprah's couch.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Don't forget wearing a hairpiece.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

All this for one of the worst pieces of self-pitying crap I've ever read.

Draft saved Draft deleted