1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who-hoo, new af2 team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Crimson Tide, Nov 1, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fun compared to.........what? Oral surgery without anethesia?

I found going to the AFL a lot like going to a rock concert, except without the music.

Plus, at least out here, nobody in the stands gives a crap about the final result. It's just a place to take ADD-afflicted kids for 2-3 hours. With all the shit going on during the game and on the loudspeaker and on the jumbotron, even the most hyper kids are satisfied.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hey, I said it resembled one, not that it actually looked like one!!!!!!

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

No AF2 is like going to a rock concert. Say Survivor, for example.

Only, there's a new lead singer and the only original member left is the bassist, and he doesn't remember half the songs.

They may sing "Eye of the Tiger" but it's not what you expected.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I took my father to an AFL game last year. Got him really good tickets and he sat with my daughter while I covered the game. Final score was something like 64-59.

He said it was the most fun he'd had at a sporting event in years. So, it got the Grandpatato seal of approval.

And, covering it isn't any different than covering I-AA football in my opinion, except the athletes are better and the SID tries harder.

Draft saved Draft deleted