1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Here Is Still Working in Journalism?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lugnuts, Jan 19, 2009.

?

Which of the following most accurately describes your situation?

1. I am not working in journalism by choice or due to layoff or firing.

22.1%
  2. I am working in journalism.

72.4%
  3. I never did work in journalism.

5.5%
  1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm like a salmon swimming upstream. Still at it.

2. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Here by force.
    Left old job for woman.
    Keeping current job because of a new woman.

3. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Still in it. Still love it, most nights. May have to get out to move for new love in another city.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Still suiting up.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Well, I have some bad news for you ... in the current environment, you don't want to be considered expendable.

6. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

will be a year out come end of march (not my choice). would stay in if i could find a way to do it my way but the economy isn't cooperating. still hoping to find something in a related field, i.e., p.r., etc. but at this point, with unemployment extension fast nearing an end, that's looking mighty iffy.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Did it for seven years, left voluntarily two years ago. Still miss parts of it, but there really isn't a there to go back to now.

8. I'm still in, but not doing sports like when I first started eight years ago. I'm about to start freelance blogging for the English version of a Web site geared towards young Latinos. It's put together by a major metro newspaper, so who knows if it leads to a bigger opportunity. I hope so because I'm not sure if I'll be at my current gig in April because of possible layoffs.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

In journalism. Forced onto the web. Forced into news from sports.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Like Dixie, I was in for seven years. Got out nearly four years ago (Jesus, I didn't realize it'd been that long) to finish my education. Headed a completely different direction after finishing at Colonel Rebel-ville.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Still rocking and rolling.

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Still in it. If the world doesn't end in 2012, I may look into something that could provide me a with a retirement.

Draft saved Draft deleted