1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who have you stood in a urinal next to?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by friend of the friendless, Sep 11, 2011.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs and Transgenders,

Last night at the Toronto film festival I was standing at a urinal and right up beside me stepped Stan Lee, who was in the house for Morgan Spurlock's doc about Comicon. I passed up the opportunity to chat, presuming, rightly, that everybody was going to be crowding him all night long (as would be the case everywhere and ever).

Anyway, it got me thinking. He is the best known fellow I've stood next to at the pissoir but not the only famous name. I was at a urinal in the Botanical Gardens in Montreal just a couple of hours before the Olympic 1500 metre final and John Walker in All Blacks sweats stood at my left in the salle de bain. I wished him luck and he didn't need it in an emphatic (but African-free) victory.

The awkward question: Who's the most famous person who has stood next to you in the universal but awkward moment?

YHS, etc

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Wayne Gretzky at Sullivan's in Raleigh after the NHL Draft in 2004.

I didn't say anything to him just thought, "Hey, I'm taking a piss next to Wayne Gretzky!"

3. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Bobby Clampett.

I didn't peek.

4. Friend of mine ended up next to Bobby Orr at the men's room of a golf tournament. Fired had a few drinks in him and blurted out, "I thought you'd be bigger." Bobby Orr doesn't miss a beat - looks down and replies, "I'm big where it counts."

Bobby F'n Orr

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

No one, ever, so long as there is room for proper spacing.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Bea Arthur.

7. Quakes

Quakes Guest

John Podesta, who was Bill Clinton's chief of staff (although our urination occurred several years after that). Dude didn't wash his hands.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Billy Gardell and Willie Nelson, both in Nashville.

Gardell at Ruths Chris and Willie while he was playing a set at Tootsie's several years back.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Love Tootsie's but the cans there are a little sketchy. Willie probably felt right at home.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Man the board is slipping if this didn't get noted.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Gorman Thomas... Hollenden House after the 1981 All-Star Game in Cleveland.
    I had met the sports editor of the Youngstown Vindicator at the pre-game lunch and he brought his wife and hot daughter with him. After the game, I was at the urinal on the far left, Thomas was in the middle and Chuck Perazich came in and used the one on the right.
    "My daughter thinks you're cute," said Perazich...
    "Thanks," said Thomas.
    "Not you," said Perazich. "The guy next to you..."

Draft saved Draft deleted