1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who else is working Christmas day?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Aussie_Nick, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm working Christmas Day, but not Christmas Eve, the 26th and the 27th. I'll take that.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Overtime's a thing of the past, so I don't feel bad that I'll be in the Keys enjoying a tropical Christmas with family (the only slight drawback being I'll be on the road 6-7 hours Christmas Eve.) To everyone who has to work Monday, have a Merry Christmas.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

So you're gonna miss the Bears game?

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The Bears have a bye this week.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Unfortunately, yes. I won't have time to catch the first half at the bar before heading to the airport to pick up a relative, and then I'll be driving South until about 10:30 p.m. I'll have to run up the cell bill talking to my brother in Chicago. Luckily it's the Lions; hopefully I won't miss much of a game.

Edit: That's what I meant, Hank. But I was trying to be nice for the holidays and all. I just hope no one gets hurt.

6. Hank_Scorpio

The Lions don't deserve to be treated nice. They are the Greatest Joke On Turf, ya know. (That is, until Millen gets fired, which hopefully I find under my Christmas tree this year).

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Just for you, Hank.

[​IMG]

8. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

For the second year in a row, my bosses have let me get out of town to spend a couple of days with my family. Bless them.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Working the sports desk Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
    Being Jewish, I don't mind working the Eve and the Day. Shouldn't be too bad a workload either night. 9 p.m. press start Christmas Eve, regular deadlines Christmas Day. They haven't told us about New Year's Day deadlines yet.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Does dealing with watching my future sister-in-law, who walks in the door with a laundry hamper to carry presents out, opening presents count as work?

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hmm, what to get you now?

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

A new boy toy, I guess.

Working Christmas Eve, which is fine but with a 1745 off-the-floor deadline it will be a massive push to get a couple of regional first-lede NFL gamers in. I'm prefabbing the silly thing as we speak.

Draft saved Draft deleted