1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who do YOU underrate?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

No, you just underrated your own inability to make logical connections. Catfish and Munson played together for the Yankees and both their careers ended in pinstripes in 1979. The only thing linking Munson and Lidle is they made the plane fall down go boom.

2. Where I grew up - the slang for a loser was a "skid". Whether it was short for Skid-row or skidmark I'm not sure. What I am sure of is that Thurman Munson lived as a skidmark and died as a skidmark and that people who hold him in any esteem are skids themselves.

Catfish Hunter was a gentleman who died of cancer. The only thing he had in common with Thurman Munson as a person was that they were both white. Are you going to try and make this about race next?

You are delving in things you know not.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I think God would want Catfish Hunter to pitch to Thurman Munson in heaven becuase Catfish Hunter pitched to Thurman Munson when both were members of the New York Yankees in the 1970s.

4. If you think Thurman Munson is in heaven then you have no concept of good or evil.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Kyle Orton wants to have a word with you.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Career Yankees are never underrated. It's just degrees of overrated-ness with them.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Actors. It appears to be so simple but after hearing about the 18 hr days and seeing a picture of them filming Harry Potter with what appeared to be at least 10 cameras and 50 people in front of the actors, it hit home acting is not an easy thing.

8. Coelacanths are under-rated.

Just grill them up with a little soy sauce and that's good eating.

Draft saved Draft deleted