1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Do You Trust?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Oct 10, 2006.

1. From the latest CBS/NYT poll:
    "Mr. Bush clearly faces constraints as he seeks to address the public concerns about Iraq that have shrouded this midterm election: 83 percent of respondents thought that Mr. Bush was either hiding something or mostly lying when he discussed how the war in Iraq was going."

83 percent of the people polled do not trust the president when he talks about an ongoing war. Neither LBJ or Nixon at their worst ever came close to that number.
    Politics aside, this is a very unhealthy state of affairs.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I trust my mother and my older younger brother, other than that . . .

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Whom do you trust?

4. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

I trust that Kerry is running again, since he's already bitching about the Swift Boat folks.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'd say 83 percent of the nation finally used that mass of flesh inside their skull. Too bad many of these same people were all too happy to blind themselves with flag-wavin' and U.S.A! dick-swingin' back in '03 before this all became a fait accompli.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I have a question about this.
    I live in Texas and my wife works at a hospital and her co-workers are covinced the government knew about 9-11 and let it happen. They also don't trust the government over anything and think they are out to get all of us.
    Now as a hardcore Democrat, I am surprised to hear this kind of talk out of Republicans. Is this normal - as in these beliefs are held throughout the country - or is it just a case of uneducated Texas idiots that work with my wife?

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think sometimes once people get an idea in their head, it's hard to get out.

There are conspiracy theorists out there who will tell you the buildings were rigged to go down, that there is evidence in the 9-11 video that shows explosions on the outside of the buildings before the planes hit.

There are all kinds of theories out there about how the government either a) did nothing or b) actually helped, so I don't think your's is an isolated case.

I think our heads got caught with our pants down, and then lied a lot afterwards.

8. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

Stone Cold Steve Austin said don't trust anybody.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

And THAT'S the bottom line, 'cause ...

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I trust that a can of whoop-ass is free of charge.

Draft saved Draft deleted