1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who do you think will be the next president?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 13, 2006.

1. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

And I say Hillary Clinton.

2. He supported amnesty for illegal immigrants and he proposed the anti-torture bill.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Old Tony.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would be ecstatic if McCain or Giuliani won...

My question on Giuliani is if his past would hurt him... I think with almost anyone else it would, but everything Giuliani has ever done has been in the NYC tabloids years and years and years ago and is old news...

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

McCain has won over the Republican right. Hell, he gave the commencement speech at Liberty a couple months back. And I think he's managed to hold enough of the moderate vote to win.

Romney would be a good second choice, but STL is on the money with saying Romney can't even win his home state. Only reason he won in '02 was because he was better funded and better than the Democratic nominee (Harshbarger?).

6. Mizzougrad96

Well, fundraising will be key for anyone and that's why Hillary may win the nomination... People will empty their wallets for her, especially if she has her husband in tow...

She may get the nomination, but no way does she win the election...

7. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Fuck Feingold.

Any doofus who would diss the home of Bates' House of Turkey ain't getting any votes from anyone who's ever traveled I-65 south of Montgomery! ;)

8. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

God help us.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Platform promise #1: To move USA closer to the sun. Rest of the world on its own.

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Running mate: Ann Coulter.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I've been hearing his name since, um, 1992. He may be the Mario Cuomo for the 2000s -- always the first choice of the smartest person in the room, yet never a candidate.

12. Mizzougrad96

McCain is a media darling. Even the liberals love him... There's no question that will help...

I would be curious why anyone would think that McCain will be worse than Bush... That statement is just idiotic and uninformed.

Draft saved Draft deleted