1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who do you think will be the next president?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I say John McCain.

Curious what others think.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Clinton/Richardson.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

John McCain. Although Giuliani might give him a run for his money.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

George W. Bush -- he'll sign a Presidential Signing Statement to give himself a third term.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Doc beat me to the correct answer.

Bush will attempt to keep the job.

6. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

John McCain

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm hoping for a McCain/Giuliani ticket...

I think democrats would have a hard time not voting for either... Plus, both are relatively moderate and that's what this country needs...

8. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Rudy Guiliani.

I hope it's Hilary, but dont think she's ready yet.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That ticket would never win a Republican primary anywhere south of the Mason Dixon.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What if there's a martial law in effect. You know, some catastrophe, say 8-12 week before elections, convienently causes an indefinite postponement of said elections?

11. It's your thread Mizzou, but it would work better as a poll. Anyway, my order of possibility:

1. McCain -- I still don't think he'll get the GOP nomination, but him being No. 1 shows how wide-open it is.)
    2. Hillary --- yeah she's polarizing, but she's also way ahead in the money race.
    3. Warner --- the Dem. alternative to Hillary.
    4. Romney --- rising quickly
    5. Gore --- I say 50-50 he does run.
    6. Edwards --- very quietly rebuilding financial and organizational support outside of Washington
    7. Allen --- has fallen on my list the last few months.
    8. Bayh --- In 1996 everyone thought he was the next big thing, but he's still young.
    9. Obama --- only this low because he prob. won't run
    10. Mike Huckabee (gov. of Arkansas.) --- you can start to see him as the likable conservative alternative to McCain.

12. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

If the Dems want any shot at all, they need to get their strongest candidate to live in Ohio and Florida for the next two years. That's the ONLY shot at winning. Those 2 states will be the election in 08. Pennsylvania might be third.

Draft saved Draft deleted