1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who do you feel worse for? The tiger or the 17 year-old?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jan 4, 2008.

?

Who do you feel worse for?

1. The Tiger

75.4%
  2. The 17 year-old

24.6%
  1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The young man in question is arguably dumber than the tiger.

Placing on the top of the annual Darwin Awards is nothing to brag about.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Zeke,

Sure, what the boy did was stupid -- if, in fact, he taunted the animal. Yeah, I got that.

Animals don't process emotions the way we do. Got it.

The animal acted on instinct. Got it.

What I don't get is some here are placing a higher value on the tiger's life. I don't get it now, and probably never will.

3. three_bags_full

Stupid or not, a man's life was lost. That's an entire family's life destroyed. What if it turns out the young man was mentally handicapped? Would that make a difference?

Edit to add: A man's life was lost in a terrible, terrible accident that could've been avoided. Hopefully we'll find out soon how that could've been avoided so it doesn't happen again.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This Tiger is furious that buckdub never offered to buy some of his special spinich, and that three_bags thinks he's not worthy of empathy.

[​IMG]

He will also kill Mickelson if for a cheeseburger if the Mick ever gets their blond wives confused when stalking his way home in the deep rough.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

You'll be hard-pressed to find someone who thinks more of animals and less of humans. But t-b-f is right. In general, the value of a human's life is greater than that of an animal's. The vote shouldn't be a landslide.

And I believe that if you taunted Marines into killing you, they would eventually be put "put down."

I do believe that if the person WAS a tree-hugging liberal, this poll would be different. If, on the other hand, it were, say, Condoleezza Rice, it might be a shutout.

6. I think most people are basing their choice on the accusation that the kid was responsible - because people should know better.

Do we all think animals are more important than people? Ask that to the cheeseburger I ate today.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

What did the damn cheeseburger do to do deserve that, asshole?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not to be flip, but you mean avoided like "Don't get drunk and tease the tiger?"

9. three_bags_full

We don't know the young man was responsible, do we?

Was your cheeseburger good?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Bastard.

I was gonna be on the "How To Keep From Being Killed by A Tiger at the Zoo Committee" and now they are disbanding.

11. three_bags_full

What if the tiger had passed him and attacked the innocent couple passing by the exhibit?

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Then I would hope the dipshit(s) was charged with helping cause a death.

Draft saved Draft deleted