1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who do the Sklar brothers have incriminating photos of???

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boobie Miles, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I know everyone on here already hates SportsCenter, but I still will throw it on in the morning, and my God they just had this brutal, brutal segment with these two no talent ass-clowns, doing a new segment "bracketology." No, not college basketball bracketology, but bracketology on a stupid, inane topic each week apparently. This week: a bracket of their favorite athlete-celebrity couples. I can't even explain how bad it was. The real question is how do these two keep showing up on a sports channel? They had that awful show on ESPN Classic, and now this. They must have something on somebody for them to stay employed at ESPN.

Also, Josh Elliot... he might have the look of every other SC anchor, but man is he painful to watch.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Um, it's "assclown"--no hyphen.

But yeah, that sounds awful. Brackets for anything other than the NCAA tournament are becoming a cliche.

4. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I can't speak for that gag, but I find the Sklars funny in many other settings.

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

the sklars' special about getting jose oquendo into the hall of fame was great

6. The Sklars are to funny what Simmons is to writing, but he is funnier than they are.

7. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I've never found them funny at all, but for those that do, watch this bit and tell me what I'm missing. Maybe they're good in other stuff, but this was just painful. It didn't even really seem like they were trying to be funny, they were just breaking down which celeb-athlete couple was their favorite out of 8 couples. The winner was Jeter-Mariah Carey?? Very random all around.

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

FWIW, I ran across a rerun of "Becker" (sitcom with Ted Danson as the cranky doctor) where the brothers' characters were both dating the doc's out-there receptionist (the one played by Shawnee Smith).

The hook was that the each brother had different attributes and talents that complemented each other perfectly, and the receptionist felt that by dating both of them, it was like she was dating one perfect guy. I thought the brothers were pretty funny in that particular guest shot, but outside of occasional shots of them on "The Best Week Ever," I haven't really seen enough of their work to form an opinion.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The Sklars are hit and miss. They are amusing at times (Jose Oquendo bit), but it's hard for me to understand them.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

One of them did fine work on Entourage. I suspect he'll have a larger role when the show comes back in April (?) but I don't which one of the brothers.

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

They also did a guest spot on Grey's Anatomy as conjoined twins. Apparently the fiancee loved both of them. It was awkward.

12. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

That describes about 90 percent of ESPN programming now.

Draft saved Draft deleted