1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who buys straight to DVD movies?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Jan 8, 2009.

1. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Band Camp was OK. The second one, I stopped halfway through (Naked Mile?) and the third one, I didn't even look at.

Considering that the only link to the original series are Eugene Levy and each of the leads being either Stifler's brother or cousin, they're not really American Pie movies. Take off the AP label and they're just another teen comedy.

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Since doing it a lot when I was younger when I didn't care for movies like I do now, I did it a lot. I haven't rented or purchased a single movie unless it was released in theaters first. I have proved to myself time after time that unless it's been in the theaters, it's going to be crap.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm sure I read somewhere that the working title of American Pie was "Untitled Teen Sex Flick You Can Make For Less Than A Million Dollars" or something along those lines.

Tons of money in that stuff.

EDIT: (From IMDB)

When submitting his script to studios, screenwriter Adam Herz titled it, "Untitled Teenage Sex Comedy That Can Be Made For Under $10 Million That Most Readers Will Probably Hate But I Think You Will Love". It was later changed to "East Great Falls High", then "Great Falls", and finally, "American Pie".

4. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I'd rent that...

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Lisa Bonet and I am in.

Draft saved Draft deleted