1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who beat Mike Tyson in the NES classic Mike Tyson's Punch Out???

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Norman Stansfield, Sep 28, 2007.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Never did it and I've never witnessed anyone do it in person. I recall one kid in middle school claiming to know the secret...he brought out a spoon and lodged it over the A and B buttons. These were the days before the turbo feature on most controls and this spoon trick was supposed to simulate that effect. Well, it didn't work and the kid who claimed it did was full of shit.

2. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

I remember getting to Tyson in seventh grade but I can't remember if I ever beat him. I do know I got to him the old fashion way, I didn't use the code. One thing I remember about the game, every new fighter was a challenge, it wasn't easy, at least for me.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I beat him the old fashioned way, as well, and there was much rejoicing.

Honestly, though, it wasn't as hard as some of those games.

Zelda took a lot more time.

And Metroid was, without question, the hardest game ever to beat. My brother and I finally did it, but, damn, it took forever.

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Not 100% completion in San Andreas. Never sniffed it either. I was talking about the story line part.

I remember the time I beat Zelda though, having to know to use the silver arrows to defeat the fire around the final boss.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Thanks for clarifying. As a guy who's gotten 100% completion in three different GTAs, I know how hard that is. :)

6. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I don't have the patience to find all the stuff, beat the rampages, do the jumps, beat all the side jobs and all that shit to do it.

7. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

I must have been like 8 years old, but I remember my friend's mom picking up the controller and getting knocked out by Glass Joe. That was about 20 years ago.

Are you my friend's mom? ;D

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I took down Tyson in two rounds, but I did it when I was in college, a solid 13 to 14 years after the game was released. I didn't study much ... obviously.

9. Giggity

Giggity Member

007 373 5963

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

This might already be on the running youtube thread, but even if it is it deserves its own mention here:

This is pure comedy gold.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Holy shit, that's totally awesome. :D

12. Magnum

Magnum Member

I didn't know that. I fought Tyson three times and lost each time.

Draft saved Draft deleted