1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are the most famous man and woman in the world?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 15, 2007.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I went to Thailand a few years ago and went on a three-day trek into the jungle. In the jungle was a camp where some Thai people took care of the trekkers, making food, etc. Most, from what I understand, had never been outside the edges of the national forest.

There was a kid, about 6 years old wearing a Jordan jersey. I asked him if he knew who Michael Jordan was. He looked at me like I was nuts and said, "The best basketball player ever, duh!"

That wasn't the only Jordan jersey I saw in Thailand, but it was the most surprising.

For the record, while I was in Asia, I never saw a Ronaldinho kit.

2. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Don't let popularity be confused with fame. I don't think Ronaldinho is more famous than Beckham. Soccer fans know them both and a lot more non-soccer fans know Beckham than know Ronaldinho.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This World Cup and any NBA finals.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

The World Cup because not many countries like Ghana have a vested interest in the NBA.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Too easy.

Tiger Woods

Oprah Winfrey

6. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Damn, you seem to have your own fan club on this site and no one gave you any love on this one? That's good stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted