1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are the most famous man and woman in the world?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

That's the same reason why Ronaldinho would rank above Jordan and Woods. He's Nike, too.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

There is no way Ronaldinho ranks above Jordan.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He probably does. Soccer is far more popular than the NBA in most places outside the States. Don't confuse who's well-known in the United States with who's well-known worldwide.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

We're talking about Michael Jordan here. We're not talking about the U.S. [channeling Iverson]

I would bet that if you asked any number of kids in the world, over the age of about 7, they would know who Jordan is. Not because of his basketball skills, but because of his shoes. Also show kids in Asia a picture of Ronaldinho and Jordan. I would wager 9 out of 10 know who Jordan is before they mention Ronaldinho.

5. sportschick

I think you're confusing popularity here with popularity elsewhere. Most Americans do.

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Ronaldinho though? Seriously now. Show a picture with both Jordan and Ronaldinho in their uniforms and I bet Jordan is picked out first (Jordan in his Bulls 23 of course).

7. sportschick

Overseas, probably not. Here, sure. Again, you're confusing popularity here with popularity elsewhere.

Ronaldinho is one of the best soccer players in the world. He's sponsored by Nike (I believe) and he's in ads everywhere. Oh, and he's still playing.

8. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Kids in Africa and Asia aren't wearing "Ronaldinho's" around.

9. sportschick

You can keep your narrow worldview and keep mine alright. I think you're wrong, and we'll agree to disagree.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

How many people watched the World Cup and how many watched the NBA Finals?

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Are you saying this year's NBA Finals and the last World Cup?

Draft saved Draft deleted