1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are the most famous man and woman in the world?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jun 15, 2007.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Oprah is the most famous woman in the world.
    She said so.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Jessica Alba, based on another thread on Anything Goes, has definitely enhanced her chances of scoring the world's most famous woman.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Again Claw, famous in the states doesn't translate to fame worldwide. Until Alba starts doing charity work in Africa, Asia and beyond, she'll never even have a shot at being the most famous American actress in the world.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's a good point about Jordan and Woods. Ali never did endorsements but he fought all over the world and probably visited five times as many countries as he fought in.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Could the title go to a dead person?

Princess Di would rate quite high, even today. I'd also say Elvis, but worldwide?

How about a fictional character?

Mickey Mouse

Person that should be the most famous person?

Male or female who develops something that cures cancer or another terrible disease.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I would say Ali and Princess Di.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If dead people are OK, I'd go with Di and John Paul II.

Live people, the Queen and Beckham or Schumacher.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

10 years ago I would have agreed...

9. John

John Well-Known Member

This subject is addressed a little in this month's Esquire story on Jolie. The interesting thing about her is that in one half of the world she's famous for being a beautiful actress. In the other half, they know her as someone who's there to help. That's rather simplistic, but generally accurate.

The most famous man will probably always be the U.S. president, though Tiger and a handful of soccer players would be near the top of the list.

10. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I'd say that anyone under 35 or so, even diehard soccer fans, had Pele fall off their star radar a long time ago, if he was ever there.

We have to remember the percentage of people in the world who are under 35 :D

11. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

I'd say the most famous couple right now, and for the foreseeable future, would be Brangelina.

12. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

More so than Bennifer a little while back?

Draft saved Draft deleted