1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are the Flaming Lips?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 18, 2011.

1. I have never heard of the Flaming Lips ... But this is pretty fucking cool.

http://www.newsandsentinel.com/page/content.detail/id/554281/Rocking-with-The-Flaming-Lips.html?nav=5056

Apparently there are videos of them playing this on YouTube.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Flaming Lips are fantastic. Listen to "Fight Test" off Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots and report back.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Did they at least provide the band tangerines?

4. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Just watch this video and tell me that this doesn't make you feel something deep, deep inside:

5. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

The Flaming Lips are great. My favorite song of theirs is The W.A.N.D.

The video is slightly NSFW as it features two scantily-clad roller derby women having a pillowfight/wrestling match.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That might be the only Flaming Lips song I know. :D

But at least I'd heard of them.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sounds like a really painful venereal disease.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

When the band members had to go to the bathroom, I hope they were provided magazines

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Earlier this year, I saw the Lips do two nights at the Hollywood Forever cemetery, one night doing their album Soft Bulletin from beginning to end and then the second night was Dark Side of the Moon from start to finish.

I'm a casual fan (don't do cosplay at their shows or get up on stage or anything like that), but I had a really good time and I've really come to appreciate their efforts to just do _____ differently. Every time.

11. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

I used to be a big fan until they made an album based on the concept of sounds you hear in the embryo. These guys ate a lot of acid back in the day, probably still do.

12. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

You say it like it's a bad thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted