1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock's Top 25

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Sep 26, 2006.

1. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

as a uga alum, i've been saying all year the dogs are overrated. you want to talk about a legacy pick?

dogs should have started about 18-20, and should still be there right now. a true freshman quarterback, receivers who can't catch and an offensive line playing like crap. it's a good thing they've got a top 10 defense

louisville has been pretty impressive

i wouldn't be so quick to call cincinnati the big east's worst team. syracuse, despite a win over mighty miami university, is still not very good. uconn is young as well.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

UConn and the 'Cuse will both struggle this year, but I like their talent more (and I like Syracuse's coaching more) than Cincy's. That said, I've always like Dustin Grutza. I'm just not sure about the tream surrounding him.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Louisville should be much higher. Even with the loss of Brohm and Bush the Cards are easily a top 10 team in my eyes.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

:mad: :mad: :mad:

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Great Idea Whit ! Thanks for efforting this project.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The Arklatex
    Coastal Empire (Savannah and envrions)
    Mountain Empire aka Upper East Tenn.
    The Wiregrass
    The Lost Coast (among Florida's 80 million other "Coasts.")

7. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

And the adjacent S.C. Lowcountry.

Anyone around the Joplin, Mo./Pittsburg, Kan. area knows of the wholly unoriginal "Four States" area.

And Whitlock needs to show Louisville some love. And Mizzou, too.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

After this week, Mizzou still would not have beaten a I-A team with a winning mark. The next two weeks -- at Texas Tech and at Texas A&M -- will show whether they belong there.

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I know, Oz. I was just being a homer. I'll use the homer font next time.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm not convinced Texas Tech is any good. They routed two patsies, but they had to go to OT to beat UTEP, and that 3 points vs. TCU doesn't look very good after the Frogs got bombed by BYU last night in Fort Worth. TCU is what it always is -- a good mid-major. Top 25? Hardly. Might even get beat by Utah next week. As for TT, I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to Missouri.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I realize the Red Raiders aren't all that great, but the reason that's a good test for Mizzou -- and I believe there are more than a few alums on this board who might say the dame -- is that the Tigers have trouble with road games. New Mexico gave Mizzou trouble in one such game this season.

I'll be curious to see how they handle those Texas trips in back-to-back weeks.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Yeah, the Tigers haven't beaten anyone (decent) on the road since, um ... before I can remember. So winning in Lubbock would be a coup for the alma mater, even if the Red Raiders are down a notch this year.

Now, if the Jayhawks could win in Lincoln ... eh, Oz?

Draft saved Draft deleted