1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock's Top 25

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Was that a two- or three-week tryout, us giving Big Sexy feedback on his poll each week? I've been waiting to see him post it again, to see where he put Notre Dame, Alabama, etc. He spoiled us.

2. Sounds like it may be time for Webby to launch The Whitlock Board.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I know it's just me, but I get a bit queezy when I hear one guy call another guy "Big Sexy".

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I think a New York board would be first priority.

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

No, we need a Kentuckiana board, one that would be ruled jointly by Bubbler and myself.

6. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

don't forget the 'i hate muslims board'

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Got to factor OTR in the mix, he lives far closer to Kentucky than I do these days.

On a somewhat related/unrelated note, Kentuckiana is one of those regional names no one uses outside of their own region. North Coast was another when I lived in Akron.

Any others out there? I hear about Cali's Inland Empire a lot and have no idea to what it refers to.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

North Shore in Illinois.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Bubs:

The Inland Empire refers to the rapidly growing area east of L.A. and Orange counties, including, but not limited to: Riverside, San Bernardino, Ontario and Rancho Cucamonga, among other locales.

It can't be considered part of L.A., but it's too far west of Palm Springs to be part of that area, too far north of San Diego to be included there, and it's DEFINITELY not the High Desert. :D

Thus, the "I.E." Also known as "the 909".

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Michiana
    Chicagoland

11. Freelance Hack

Good call on Chicagoland.

I'd also suggest Tidewater.

12. Freelance Hack

That's cool. We can be a triumvirate, like Mark Antony, Julius Ceasar and Marcus Lepidus.

Draft saved Draft deleted