1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock's latest on Jena 6

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Oct 3, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

No judgement or comment here. Only posted for informational purposes

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/296701.html

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Maybe I am the only one, but I couldn't give a flying fuck about anything or anybody involved in the Jena 6 case. What is happening or did happen to a bunch of yokels and hicks in a backwater southern shithole has no bearing on my life whatsoever.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, you won't be getting the Albert Schweitzer Humanitarian Award anytime soon, will you, Poin? :)

4. ...and to some, this is a chance to unleash their racist/bigoted feelings while hiding behind the words of a contrarian-for-the-sake-of-being-a-contrarian sports columnist.

5. I think I may have just stumbled upon my life statement!

Or my latest bumper sticker idea.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Class; Repeat after me.

"This will not end well"

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

"This will not end well"

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree. If I wanted people to be treated fairly by the court system and school officials, I'd move to Iran or Canada or someplace.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Canada is really a Utopia.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

poin, I generally appreciate your opinion on things, but you couldn't be more wrong with a wrong machine on the wrongingest day of a wrong year.

And this is coming from someone who hasn't gotten too involved with this story.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You nailed it Boom.

I bet we're the only country that had a two hour NHL preview on BOTH sports networks last night.

12. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr 70,

Universal health care, gun control, dollar trading at 1.01 US., no death penalty, affordable university tuition, manners, cleanliness and the Raptors' stamping return-to-sender on Zeke and Vince.

Yup, Utopia.

YHS, etc

Draft saved Draft deleted