1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock wronged by Playboy

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Shaggy, May 2, 2008.

1. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Jeremiah Wright is the biggest self-indulgent, hateful, anti-American blowhard saboteur of a presidential candidate's campaign who is soaking up the attention while continuing to blast USA---and somehow that's Sean Hannity's and Fox News's fault????!!!

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

He certainly isn't Fox News's fault, but I guarantee people like Hannity love him--they'll put him in front of a camera as much as they can. The more inflammatory things he says, the better.

3. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

The column was justified, but not for KC Star readers. It needs(ed) to run in Playboy with or after his piece runs.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

From the readers' comments:

I hereby retract my earlier stance that all readers' comment sections are pieces of shit.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

That had to be an sj member who wrote that.

I am looking forward to reading the column . Should make for a very interesting debate around here. It brings together many of sj''s favorite debate topics in one nice tidy bundle.

6. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Beaker:
    This past week I saw Rev. Wright making the rounds in front of all the national media such as at the National Press Club and a couple other places, and at no time did I see Sean hannity holding a gun to his head. This Wright guy is soaking this stuff up, having the time of his life, getting erady to move into his multi-million-dollar new home surrounded by rich white people, the very same demographic he nukes frmo the pulpit. Is Hannity forcing him to do that too?

7. The reader’s intelligence is being underestimated. Several words in bold should not supersede a 5000-word article.

Sure people will see the headline first. But after digesting the story, the average reader should have an understanding of what the piece is really about.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

9. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I'm sure Whitlock has never sensationalized comments or taken them out of context for the benefit of his column. I'm sure he's never used gimmicks that have nothing to do with his columnn to draw attention to himself. (sarcasm meeter high)

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, I guess.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

To your point Whitlock wrote a few columns telling us that people hated Barry Bonds because he was going to break Babe Ruths HR record. The question was - what HR record since it was held by Hank Aaron . Obviously using Babe Ruth served his point better.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

It would just be so much easier if you could make us a list of what we were and were not allowed to talk about.

Get it pinned to the top, just in case anyone gets a wild hair, it's right there to reference.

Thanks.

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Well so what? What does Hannity's feeling have to do with anything? Who cares what Fox News thinks? It was alluded to that Fox was the news team stirring the Wright crap up, which is insane.

Draft saved Draft deleted